Employees play an essential role in what makes VolCorp tick. We make it our priority to provide first-rate working conditions, excellent benefits and compensation programs, and equal employment opportunities.
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursements
- 11 Paid Holidays (per year)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Discretionary Days Off
- Vision Care
- Vacation Time (increases at the length of service)
- 401K Plan
How To Apply
Interested in joining VolCorp?
We’d love to hear from you.
To apply for an opening, please send the following information to email@example.com.
- Cover letter with salary history
- Background Verification Disclosure & Authorization (click to download PDF)
- Applicant Invitation to Self-Identify/Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (click to download PDF)
Once we receive this information, someone from our HR department will contact you.
Financial Services Business Development Representative
Financial Services Business Development Representative
Area of focus: State of Tennessee
Who are we?
Volunteer Corporate Credit Union (VolCorp)
Established in 1981, VolCorp is a not-for-profit financial cooperative based in Nashville, TN serving over 330 natural person credit unions nationwide. VolCorp’s mission is to serve as the primary financial partner for credit unions by providing superior products, services, and support.
Why work for VolCorp? For all the reasons below and much more!
- *Hybrid & Remote work environment – This position will touch base with credit unions in the state of Tennessee. So long as you are accessible to the credit unions, we can tailor your work location to be either hybrid or fully remote.
- *Generous time off – VolCorp offers a generous allotment of vacation, discretionary and sick time. In addition, we follow the Federal Reserve guidelines with 11 holidays per year
- *Culture – We pride ourselves on striving to maintain and achieve a culture that lives and breathes our operating principles daily. Those principles include Accountability, Vision, Trustworthiness, and Unity while remaining Results Focused. Our culture is reflected in our average length of service which is currently running at 14 years. We strive to do it right!
- *Benefits – Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts and Tuition Reimbursements are all a part of our Benefit Package.
- *Retirement Plans – Once you enter our retirement plans the company will make a 3% contribution to your 401K plan and a 7% contribution to a Retirement Savings Fund Plan which is a combined total contribution of 10%. The contribution takes place even if you choose to not personally contribute. Should you choose to contribute you have contribution platforms such as Roth or tax deferred investment options.
- *Community Giving – VolCorp is paired with a local charitable organization where we “give back” to the community. Paid time off provided to work with the organization and fundraisers held yearly for their benefit.
- *Sign on bonus – $1,000 sign on bonus after completion of 60 days
Working in conjunction with Management, the incumbent will develop and maintain a strong trusted advisor relationship with key credit union stakeholders and executives to fully understand their business strategy and measurements for success with integrity and reliability. Identify and develop new opportunities for expanding member growth and product penetration. Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals and stated strategic initiatives.
- Conduct in-person and/or virtual visits and communication with potential and existing members
- Increase member portfolio depth and relationship “stickiness”
- Improve product and service penetration and profitability
- Forecast, maintain, and track key account metrics
- Obtain knowledge of VolCorp products and services for member demonstration
- Prepare detailed cost analysis/proposals and close opportunities
- Track sales funnel status and member relationship activity within VolCorp’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Attend events affiliated with Credit Union Movement e.g. leagues, chapter meetings, conferences, etc.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE::
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or equivalent relevant experience with 5+ years’ progressive business development and/or financial services industry experience.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Extensive business development experience and demonstrated closure rates
- Exceptional listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skillsets
- Experience with CRM systems and overall account management
Travel required – approximately 60%, (mostly within driving range throughout the state of Tennessee.
Salary is based upon position, experience and location and will be shared in the interview process.
Please send resume and salary history to:
Volunteer Corporate Credit Union
2460 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
Phone: (615) 232-7915
Fax: (615) 232-7999
VolCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Each applicant seeking employment with VolCorp is given a fair and unbiased evaluation of his or her capabilities, as well as of his or her background check without discrimination.
Employment opportunities are available equally throughout our company. Applicants and employees are evaluated based on job qualifications — not race, age, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (as long as an employee is legally authorized to work in the United States), past, present, or future membership in the U.S.
We are committed to the equal employment and advancement of our employees, and our activities reflect our full acceptance of our responsibilities as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor; Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran