Sallie Mae® – Loans for undergraduates, graduate students, and parents
Help your members pay for college
VolCorp is proud to offer members a Student Loan referral program that makes better sense than ever. VolCorp’s Sallie Mae Student Loan program removes all of the risk and allows your credit union to earn fee income while helping your members meet their needs.
When it comes to paying for college, your members should first look for money they won’t have to pay back, such as scholarships and grants. The next step is to explore federal student loans. Finally, members may consider a responsible private student loan to cover the rest.
Through a partnership with Sallie Mae®, a suite of education loans—created specifically for the needs of undergraduate and graduate students, and their parents—will help your credit union retain and grow member relationships by offering private student loans as a complement to student checking, debit cards, online banking, auto loans, and your complete suite
of financial products.
Benefits to your credit union:
The Sallie Mae suite of loans expands your credit union’s product line at no cost:
- Offers high-value products that can attract and help retain valuable customers
- Generates fee income per originated loan without any upfront investment from your credit union
Benefits for your credit union members:
- Makes money available that students need for college. After maximizing scholarships and federal loans, they can borrow up to 100% of the school-certified expenses like tuition, fees,books, housing, meals, travel, and even a laptop.1
- Offers the choice of competitive fixed or variable interest rates.
- The undergraduate and graduate loans let members choose from three simple repayment options,2 including making monthly interest payments while in school, paying a fixed amount each month while in school, or deferring payments until after they leave school. Not only can the in-school repayment options reduce the total cost of the loan, they may also help a borrower build credit.
- Allows members to earn a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction when they enroll in and make monthly payments by auto debit.3
- Easy and fast online application. Members can also manage their loans online, 24/7..
- 4 months of free Chegg Study® with our Undergraduate and Parent loans.4
- Assists your members, when needed, with Sallie Mae’s dedicated customer service and technical assistance centers.
Get started today
Help your members pay for college with a suite of student loans by Sallie Mae.
We encourage students and families to start with savings, grants, scholarships, and federal student loans to pay for college. Students and families should evaluate all anticipated monthly loan payments, and how much the student expects to earn in the future, before considering a private student loan.