NEEDED: Operations Specialist
Serve as liaison and the primary contact between the member credit unions regarding all aspects of their relationship with the corporate. Receive incoming telephone calls requesting information and member service: Assist members with any and all inquiries or transactions.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required :
- Answer telephone and take transactions from member credit unions, respond to inquiries, and provide effective member service.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing wire transfers; verify dollar amount, credit union routing and transit, authorized password for destination of wire transfer.
- Receive and maintain Corporate Share draft stop payments, returns, inquiries, copy requests and changes.
- Send new authorization forms to credit unions as requested.
- Prepare VolCorp’s check deposit and forward to Item Processing.
- Prepare and balance any foreign collection item or foreign availability voucher.
- Respond to inquiries, research and resolve issues with credit unions as appropriate.
- Entering and approving tele-transfer and electronic debit transfer requests on Ezfunds.
- Provide frontline support for VolCorp’s Internet applications.
- Adhere to all Corporates BSA and OFAC rules and policies.
In addition to primary returns responsibilities, incumbent is also expected to complete extensive cross-training in other areas of Operations, including, but not limited to:
Serve as liaison between member credit unions and Loomis regarding all aspects of VolCorp’s Cash Vault service. Monitor orders submitted by credit unions for each of the six vault locations. Ensure orders are filled properly by Loomis. Manage cash flow in each vault. Determine and maintain appropriate cash levels for each location while minimizing opportunity costs and Loomis expenses. Place FedCash orders and shipments to maintain appropriate cash balances.
Frontline Support for Member Credit Unions
Communicate by telephone/email regarding all aspects of the credit union’s relationships with the corporate. This can include performing transactions (ACH, wire, account transfers, etc.), performing research for credit union inquiries, and providing general support for VolCorp’s websites and software.
Perform user administration for all member-facing websites/applications (VolCorp Online, Branch Capture, etc). Ensure timely and accurate processing of authorization requests from member credit unions. Send new authorization forms to credit unions as requested. Assist with annual password mailing. Assist with annual “user audit” to ensure user roles and permissions are current and accurate.
Submit adjustments to Federal Reserve Bank, EndPoint, ViewPointe and complete journal voucher to debit/credit the credit union’s account or to clear suspense items. Make share draft and detail copies to use for backup for adjustment requests. Research discrepancies between general ledger accounts and suspense entries. Responsible for daily balancing of all Item Processing suspense accounts to ensure they are reconciled with accounting department daily. Provide specialized research information to member credit unions.
Preferred Education & Experience:
High School diploma. 1-2 years experience as a Customer Service Representative or progressive experience using electronic data processing systems or the banking industry.
Full Benefit Package to Include:
Vacation, discretionary and sick time, 11 paid holidays per year, tuition reimbursement program, 10% company contribution to retirement plans after 1 year of service, yearly incentive plans based on achievement of company and individual goals, medical, dental, life, disability, accidental death, and vision insurance plans, FSA’s, HSA’s and HRA’s, telecommute/remote work options.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran