NEEDED: Senior Helpdesk Engineer
This position will be responsible for the successful installation, maintenance, and use of VolCorp computer systems to ensure a positive technical environment for our employees. Provide in-person and remote technical assistance to end-users and customers who are using a variety of hardware, software, and other resources. Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues. Perform installation and maintenance of computer systems. Prepare and update documentation of departmental procedures. This person will work closely with VolCorp internal departments and other engineers. Limited visits to an off-site storage facility or member credit unions will be necessary and therefore some travel may be required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Requirements:
- Technical knowledge of personal computers and Local Area Networks
- Technical knowledge of virtual servers and networks (VMware vSphere, ESXi, NSX)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Familiar with related electronic data processing systems and financial software applications
- Technical knowledge of system back up procedures
- Knowledge of hardware and software system modification/fix techniques
- Ability to interact effectively with all user levels, internal and external, via telephone or onsite.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and effectively resolve user questions
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self motivated
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or related area or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- Technical certifications for Microsoft products, Network, Security, or related technology.
Full Benefit Package to Include:
Vacation, discretionary and sick time, 11 paid holidays per year, tuition reimbursement program, 10% company contribution to retirement plans after 1 year of service, yearly incentive plans based on achievement of company and individual goals, medical, dental, life, disability, accidental death, and vision insurance plans, FSA’s, HSA’s and HRA’s, telecommute/remote work options
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran