National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF)
The vision of the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) is to make financial freedom achievable through credit unions. As a credit union, your donation to the National Credit Union Foundation helps provide widespread financial education and greater access to affordable financial services, thereby empowering more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes.
The National Credit Union Foundation’s Community Investment Fund gives credit unions the ability to leverage their investments to support innovative credit union programs. Credit unions are now able to invest in the Community Investment Fund through VolCorp. A share of the investment’s interest is returned to investing credit unions while another share is automatically donated directly to the NCUF. NCUF grants half of its share to each investing credit union’s state foundation or league for their own development programs and then uses the remaining portion of the interest to support its national programs which include:
- REAL Solutions® – Building Member & Consumer Financial Capability- works with state credit union trade associations (“leagues”) to provide credit unions with the tools to make a difference in the financial lives of members, families, and communities;
- Biz Kid$ – Making Financial Education Engaging & Meaningful – an Emmy award winning national financial literacy initiative that teaches kids about money and business;
- Education (DE) Leveraging the Credit Union Difference – a training program promoting cooperative principles, credit union philosophy, and international development issues to make a positive impact in communities around the world;
- Money Rules: Financial Literacy Guidebook – Written by Jean Chatzky, this book guides the reader through a set of rules that will change readers’ financial lives;
- Financial Education Grants – encouraging credit union innovations that can be replicated by credit unions nationwide to serve emerging markets;
- Foundation Grants – These grants are available to help credit unions and other organizations start new programs, implement new products, and develop education strategies to build a stronger membership and community; and
- CUAid.coop – supporting the nationwide disaster relief system to raise donations to provide relief to credit union employees and members.
How Can Your Credit Union Contribute to the NCUF?
In cooperation with the NCUF, there are two options available for contributing to the NCUF:
- First, a credit union can purchase a VolCorp certificate and designate a portion of the interest to the Foundation.
- Second, you can purchase a security and designate a portion of the interest to the Foundation.
To purchase a certificate or security, please complete the proper form at the bottom of this page.